These survival hacks are brilliant and for many could make the difference between life or death.
Check out the post below to see these amazing tips.
1. Use your bra as a smoke mask.
If you find yourself surrounded by smoke, take off your bra and use it as a temporary smoke mask.
2. Start wearing hair pins. If you are handcuffed you can use it to pick the lock.
3. You can also use your bra underwire to unlock handcuffs as well.
4. If your hands are zip-tied together. Slightly twist your wrist, raise your arms and with force bring them down towards your body. The zip-tie will break.
Although these tips are very useful for anyone, I found that the tips geared towards women stood out the most. I believe all women and girls should have knowledge of these tips because they could mean life or death in some situations. Check out the full video below!
Your fridge will stay clean and organized with these simple ideas! These tidy tips for your refrigerator are a clean freak’s dream!
Fridge Cleaning and Organizing Ideas
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Keep snacks organized in the fridge with a simple drawer.
Pinning with Purpose
Using a plastic drawer in the fridge is a great way to keep small snacks organized and in reach of the kiddos.
2. Use Press n’ Seal to protect your shelves from spills.
The Virtuous Wife
Use Press n’ Seal to cover your fridge shelves. This will protect them from spills and make sure that your shelves stay clean for longer saving you more time in your cleaning routine. For more fridge organizing hacks, you might enjoy this post.
3. Remember to sanitize your fridge handles frequently.
Your refrigerator door handles are some of the most germ ridden items in your home. Remember to clean your refrigerator door handles often to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria. For more items in your home that you should always be OCD cleaning, check out this post.
4. Keep your fridge smelling fresh with a bowl of oatmeal.
The Krazy Koupon Lady
A small bowl of uncooked oatmeal can be placed in your fridge to absorb odors. This is an all-natural method to keeping your fridge smelling fresh and clean. For more ways to make your home smelling amazing all the time, check out this post.
5. Store chopped fruit and veggies in the freezer in labeled containers.
Save a ton of space in your fridge by storing chopped fruit and veggies in labeled containers. This organizing hack comes from Japan! For more amazing Japanese home organizing ideas, you might enjoy this post.
6. Use a Lazy Susan to store condiments.
Not only does the Lazy Susan keep your condiments organized, it also saves a ton of space!
7. Use simple condiment containers to get rid of bulky bottles.
Save even more space in your fridge by using similar condiment containers to get rid of bulky bottles for your sauces.
These cleaning and organizing ideas are perfect for pet owners! If you have a little fur ball running around, then these tips and tricks for keeping your home neat and clean are a must-know.
Cleaning and Organizing Ideas for Pet Owners
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Add a chalkboard panel to the door of the cabinet where you store pet food.
Photo & Tip Courtesy of: Polished Habitat
This will work wonders if you have a pet sitter, so that they know when the next feeding should be. Its also perfect for writing reminders for important dates such as the next dosage for heart worm medicine.
2. Re-purpose a milk jug into a kitty litter scoop.
Photo & Tip Courtesy of: PopSugar
When in a pinch, you can use an old milk jug as a kitty litter scooper. All you will need is a hole puncher to make this thrifty version of the real thing.
3. Get rid of lingering pet odors in your car with a bowl of vinegar.
This is an old trick that works very well for those who smoke and are perfect for pet owners who allow there furry friends to enjoy car rides. Place a bowl of white vinegar in your car overnight to help absorb odors left behind from your pet. For more pet stain and odor removal hacks you might enjoy this post.
4. Use labeled bins to store and organize pet foods.
Photo & Tip Courtesy of: The Real Thing with the Coake Family
This works especially well for those with several different kind of pets or those who have pets who require different types of food. Simply use a plastic container to store the food and label accordingly.
5. Make a hidden crate using a side table and a small curtain.
Photo & Tip Courtesy of: Jenny Froh
There’s a better way to hide your pet’s crate and this is it! Simply hide your crate underneath a side table with a small curtain to cover it when not in use.
6. Use a Swiffer to collect pet hair from carpet.
The Swiffer wet jet is an awsome cleaning tool and with out the cleaning pads, it works wonderfully to collect pet hair from your floors and furniture.
7. Add parsley to your dog’s food to freshen his breath.
Photo & Tip Courtesy of: Leopold’s Crate
Freshen up your dog’s breath by adding a few pieces of parsley to his dog food! He will never know and you will get to enjoy even more of his slobbery kisses.