This is the perfect recipe for when you’re on the hunt for a quick, easy and delicious side dish to add to your meal. Because who doesn’t love crispy herby roasted potatoes!?
Herb Roasted Baby Potatoes
Potatoes lend themselves so beautifully to herbs, and this recipe is not exception. Sure, roast potatoes are great, but without the herbs they just ain’t complete.
For this recipe the baby potatoes are roasted in fresh rosemary and thyme, then garnished with parsley.
Fresh herbs are definitely more suited for this recipe than dried herbs.
How to Roast Baby Potatoes
- Slice Baby Potatoes in half.
- Add olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix until evenly combined.
- Space out cut side down on a piping hot oven tray.
- Roast in the oven.
Easy as that!
Crispy Baby Potatoes
Okay, let’s talk crispiness.
As soon as the bowl of roast potatoes are served, all eyes are trying to track down the crispiest potato. We all know it. As such, I’ve comprised a few tips to getting these beauties nice and crispy
Tips for getting Crispy Baby Potatoes
- Half them – A general rule of thumb is the smaller the potato is sliced, whether it’s fried, roasted or deep-fried, the crispier it will be. Whole roasted baby potatoes are much harder to get totally crispy. Also, halved baby potatoes work perfectly for the next tip.
- Piping hot oven tray – Getting the oven tray nice and toasty in the oven before hand will give you a head start. Also, when you place the potatoes cut side down on the oven tray they come out gorgeously crispy!
- Spread them out – Potatoes, like most veg, have a high water content. If you cram them all on a tray they are simply going to steam instead of roast. Give the potatoes some room, they’re divas.
For this recipe I use olive oil as it adds gorgeous flavour. Olive oil has a fairly low smoking point, so temperature wise I roast at 390f/200c, which works perfectly. For extra crispy potatoes consider using an oil such as vegetable or sunflower oil and roasting at 425f/220c. I personally am just not willing to sacrifice the flavour of oil. up to you!
And there we have it! Crispy roasted baby potatoes.
When they’re done just give them a good dusting of parsley. Try not to think of this as just garnish, it adds an extra layer of flavour.
Hey, whilst you’re here check out my other recipes!
How to make Roasted Baby Potatoes (Full Recipe & Video)
- 1.6lbs / 750g Baby Potatoes
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, finely diced
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, finely diced
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Fresh Parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 390f/200c and place a suitably tray in there to get nice and hot.
- Meanwhile, slice your potatoes in half and combine in a bowl with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- When the tray is piping hot, take it out and place potatoes cut side down. Place back in the oven for 20mins or until nice and crispy.
- Enjoy with fresh parsley!
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.19g (11%) | Protein: 3.77g (8%) | Fat: 5.27g (8%) | Saturated Fat: 0.758g (4%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.619g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.713g | Trans Fat: 0.002g | Sodium: 302mg (13%) | Potassium: 777mg (22%) | Fiber: 4.1g (16%) | Sugar: 1.43g | Vitamin A: 4% | Vitamin C: 50% | Calcium: 3% | Iron: 9%