A freshly made Guacamole is one of my favourite dips of all time. This, in addition to a few inspirational minutes (hours) scrolling through Instagram, got me thinking. Thinking led to more thinking, which led to hunger and ultimately resulted in the only burger you’ll ever need a knife & fork to eat. Hence, The Avocado Bun Burger – otherwise known as ‘The Guac Burger’ – all the ingredients of a great Guacamole, made into a burger. Well, more of an inception style inside-out kinda burger. The beef patty itself can be substituted for anything you fancy but I have included just a really simple ‘go-to’ burger patty recipe if you wanted to follow. To turn this bad boy vegan just simple remove the Sour Cream and replace the burger with some other veggies. A sliced roasted sweet potato would be pretty darn tasty! Either way, enjoy!
Bun & Fillings:
- 4 Hass Avocados
- 1 Large Tomato sliced
- 1 Large Red Onion sliced
- Big Handful of Fresh Coriander roughly chopped
- 2 Fresh Red Chili’s de-seeded & sliced
- 1/2 Lime
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 500 g Beef Mince
- 1 Spring Onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- 1 Handful of Fresh Parsley finely diced
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- Olive Oil to fry
- Generous helpings of Salt & Black Pepper
- Half, destone and carefully peel your Avocados, then place to one side with your sliced Tomatoes, Onion, Chilli, Lime and Coriander.
- In a bowl add your Mince, Garlic, Onion, Parsley, Salt & Pepper and mash with a fork. To the mixture add the Egg, Parmesan and Breadcrumbs to bind together. Once smoothly blended, test for seasoning by making a tiny meatball with your hands and fry over a medium heat. Once happy, roll the remaining mixture into 4 equal sized burger shapes and fry on medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes until browned and no longer pink in the center, turning once to ensure both sides are evenly cooked.
- Grab your Avocado (at this point otherwise known as the ‘buns’) and gently rub the top surface with your Lime. This will not only smooth out any lumps ‘n’ bumps, but will ensure your Sesame Seeds stick and also add a beautiful flavour. Stack to preference or use photo below as a guideline, dollop some Sour Cream and sprinkle the top with Sesame Seeds. You may need to slice a thin layer off the bottom bun to keep stable..